Why become a MiniPD coach?
- Flexibility: You decide when you work, where you work, and even which language you work in.
- One-on-One Coaching: Use your strength to help other educators grow, while growing your own professional competencies.
- Have a Global Impact: Contribute to a global education community.
- $ for Your Expertise: $48 USD for 60 minutes of your time.
Wondering if you should apply?
You should if you answer YES to all of the following questions.
- Do you love learning?
- Do you have at least 5 years of experience working at K-12 schools?
- Do you take initiative to improve yourself as a professional working in K-12, whether in a teaching, administrative or leadership role?
- Do you get excited about helping others grow professionally?
- Can you set aside at least 2 hours a week, in 30-minute segments, to help others on 1-on-1 video conferences online?
Still have questions? Here are some FAQs for Coaches:
I enjoy my current role- Is coaching a full time job?
You can certainly keep your current position as coaching is not a full-time job. Coaches create and maintain their own schedules on the platform, so your calendar can change based on your needs. Your real-world experience is a tremendous benefit to learners so yes, you can definitely do both!
You mentioned I get paid for this work? Cool, how much?
MiniPD will pay coaches monthly based on the work completed during that time period. Coaches are paid $48 per hour. Once MiniPD is fully launched, coaches can set their own fees for non-commissioned MiniPD courses, events and webinars will earn 60% of any revenue. Commissioned project-specific work may be contracted separately for some coaches.
What exactly is my responsibility vs MiniPD’s role in the process?
We recognize that technology, marketing and logistical components can be a barrier in sharing expertises with others. As a company with many other technology platforms in a global market, we’re good at those parts which allows you to focus on your expertise!
- Set up a profile with details of their one on one coaching session offerings
- Use the calendar in MiniPD to set and maintain their availability
- Write at least 2 articles to be included on MiniPD
- Optional: Create webinars, events, and/or asynchronous courses
- Market the MiniPD platform to our customers through newsletters, social media posts, and presentations at conferences and events
- Promote your MiniPD specific webinars or events
- Direct people to your profile when we post your blogs to our company website
- Provide tips and suggestions for you, including sample texts and images for you to share your information on social media platforms
- Manage all payments between learners and coaches
How much of a time commitment is necessary?
We suggest having 2-3 hours a week available for learners to book sessions with you, but you are welcome to set and adjust your calendar as your schedule changes.
How can I increase my revenue as a coach?
There are several ways for coaches to generate more opportunities, in addition to one-on-one coaching.
- Increase, or vary, the times you have available for coaching sessions- it may be that learners are in different time zones and need additional options
- Add additional articles to MiniPD- learners will be able to book coaching sessions directly from the article page to follow-up with you
- Lead a free webinar with sample content as a way to increase your visibility as a coach and we can promote these webinars across our other products
- Create an asynchronous course- you can choose to offer it for a fee to increase your revenue, or you can offer it for free to increase your visibility and coaching sessions
- Facilitate a live multiple session virtual event on a particular topic
- Capitalize on your own social media network and promote your own content and coaching sessions!
*Coaches receive 60% of any revenue sold on non-commissioned MiniPD courses, events and webinars.
Do all the coaching sessions, events, and articles need to be in English?
No! If you are proficient in multiple languages, by all means, list them in your profile, and offer content and coaching in these languages. Other teachers will be thrilled to communicate with you in your common language. Let’s put it this way – the more languages you speak, the more bookings you will potentially get!
I am not in the United States. How do I receive payments from MiniPD?
MiniPD partners with Stripe to provide payout services to our coaches. In order to receive payment, you must be able to receive direct depoits in banks in one of the following countries:
- Czech Republic* (can only receive Euro payouts)
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Switzerland* (can only receive Euro payouts)
- United Kingdom
- United States