Profile of a Coach (This could be you!)
We are looking for motivated edupreneurs to join the MiniPD team and shift the conversation about what the future of personalized learning looks like. Working with an individual coach outside of your immediate network is such a powerful experience, and we want to provide the opportunity on a global scale. These dynamic sessions encourage ideation and instant feedback from coaches (like you!) who have practical expertise to share. Together, we make MiniPD the go-to professional learning hub for educators.
- Educators are, first and foremost, learners.
- Learning is most effective when it’s authentic, relevant, and ongoing.
- All learners deserve to grow in equitable and culturally supportive environments.
- Professional and knowledgeable and always looking to learn something new
- Great communicators, especially great listeners
- Willing to engage in challenging conversations around perspectives, ideas, and actions
Coaches are looking for opportunities to:
- Make a little extra money on the side and keep their day job
- Broaden their network by working with others in a mentor and coaching role
- Build their professional resume and gain experience
Benefits of Becoming a Coach
- Market your expertise for the benefit of a global community and let us handle the details
- Build and promote a portfolio to help meet your professional, personal, and financial goals
- Amplify your voice and become part of a network of coaches that collaborate and learn together
Still have questions? Here are some FAQs for coaches:
I enjoy my current role- Is coaching a full time job?
You can certainly keep your current position as coaching is not a full-time job. Coaches create and maintain their own schedules on the platform, so your calendar can change based on your needs. Your real-world experience is a tremendous benefit to learners so yes, you can definitely do both!
You mentioned I get paid for this work? Cool, how much?
MiniPD will pay coaches monthly based on the work completed during that time period. Coaches are paid $48 per hour. Once MiniPD is fully launched, coaches can set their own fees for non-commissioned MiniPD courses, events and webinars will earn 60% of any revenue. Commissioned project-specific work may be contracted separately for some coaches.
What exactly is my responsibility vs MiniPD’s role in the process?
We recognize that technology, marketing and logistical components can be a barrier in sharing expertises with others. As a company with many other technology platforms in a global market, we’re good at those parts which allows you to focus on your expertise!
- Set up a profile with details of their one on one coaching session offerings
- Use the calendar in MiniPD to set and maintain their availability
- Write at least 2 articles to be included on MiniPD
- Optional: Create webinars, events, and/or asynchronous courses
- Market the MiniPD platform to our customers through newsletters, social media posts, and presentations at conferences and events
- Promote your MiniPD specific webinars or events
- Direct people to your profile when we post your blogs to our company website
- Provide tips and suggestions for you, including sample texts and images for you to share your information on social media platforms
- Manage all payments between learners and coaches
How much of a time commitment is necessary?
We suggest having 2-3 hours a week available for learners to book sessions with you, but you are welcome to set and adjust your calendar as your schedule changes.
How can I increase my revenue as a coach?
There are several ways for coaches to generate more opportunities, in addition to one-on-one coaching.
- Increase, or vary, the times you have available for coaching sessions- it may be that learners are in different time zones and need additional options
- Add additional articles to MiniPD- learners will be able to book coaching sessions directly from the article page to follow-up with you
- Lead a free webinar with sample content as a way to increase your visibility as a coach and we can promote these webinars across our other products
- Create an asynchronous course- you can choose to offer it for a fee to increase your revenue, or you can offer it for free to increase your visibility and coaching sessions
- Facilitate a live multiple session virtual event on a particular topic
- Capitalize on your own social media network and promote your own content and coaching sessions!
*Coaches receive 60% of any revenue sold on non-commissioned MiniPD courses, events and webinars.
Do all the coaching sessions, events, and articles need to be in English?
No! If you are proficient in multiple languages, by all means, list them in your profile, and offer content and coaching in these languages. Other teachers will be thrilled to communicate with you in your common language. Let’s put it this way – the more languages you speak, the more bookings you will potentially get!